Fairview Odd Fellows is southeastern Connecticut’s award-winning Independent Living community and leading provider of short-term rehabilitative and long-term living nursing services. Our CMS 5-star Skilled Nursing Facility is currently looking for a Speech Language Pathologist in our in-house rehab department. The ideal candidate will have experience in skilled nursing and have experience working the elderly population.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Screens/evaluates resident needs and establishes effective and efficient treatment plans for the residents assigned.
- Under a physician’s direction, provides direct patient / resident treatment based on established plan of care.
- Plans, directs, or conducts rehabilitative treatment programs for cognition, restore communicative efficiency of individuals with communication and / or swallowing or cognitive problems.
- Administers, scores, and interprets specialized hearing and speech tests.
- Instructs residents, families, and caregivers to monitor speech and provide ways to practice new skills.
- Performs necessary clinical documentation to meet state and federal requirements.
- Maintains patient records in an accurate and timely manner.
- Devises special tools and treatments for the specific needs of patients.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- Master’s degree in Speech Language Pathology.
- Current and active Speech Language Pathology license in CT.
- Certification in clinical competency.
- Prefer- experience/knowledge in older adult rehabilitation.
- Familiarity with health care environment, managed care, and health systems preferred
- Understanding of the needs of the geriatric population and needs related to the aging process
- Ability to work in a time-oriented environment including exposure to all patient elements
Fairview offers competitive compensation along with a positive, supportive work environment. We offer multiple incentives such as:
- Strong staffing ratios, full electronic medical record (EMR)
- A history of high staff longevity
- Flexible team environment and management
- Opportunities for development and career progression